The ACNP has established an award that recognizes the best original paper published in Neuropsychopharmacology during the previous year. This award requires an on-going
infrastructural commitment from ACNP in the form of funds and a slot during the award
ceremony at the annual conference.
The award was developed by the 2013 team of Neuropsychopharmacology Editors in
response to discussions initiated by ACNP President David Lewis about approaches to
further strengthen the journal. There are numerous goals:
• To recognize the best papers published in our journal and honor the researchers who
performed the work.
• To provide an incentive for ACNP members to submit their best work to our journal.
• To provide an opportunity to develop positive relationships between the ACNP and top
researchers who are not currently members of the college.
• To foster positive relationships between our journal and junior/early-career
investigators, such that these investigators will continue to consider
Neuropsychopharmacology for their work in the future and provide service as reviewers
• To provide an additional distinction that may facilitate promotion within ACNP or at
• To perpetuate the sense of enthusiasm for outstanding contributions and collegiality for
which ACNP is broadly known.
Click here to read more.