The ACNP is happy to promote the following awards and grants in related disciplines.
- Else Kröner-Fresenius-Stiftung International Research Prize
The Else Kröner Fresenius-Stiftung Foundation will award an international research prize in the field of the “biological basis of psychiatric disorders.” The prize, Else Kröner Fresenius Pries für Medizinische Forschung, is endowed with 4 million euros, 3. 4 million euros of which will be dedicated to the future research of the winner.
- The American College of Psychiatrists acknowledges outstanding contributions to psychiatry made by mental health professionals by presenting several Awards. To learn more about these honors, or to nominate a colleague, please visit The College Web site: http://www.acpsych.org/awards
- American Psychiatric Association: Research Colloquium for Junior Investigators - The Research Colloquium for Junior Investigators program is presented by APA in conjunction with the Committee on Research Training of the Council on Research. The purpose of the Research Colloquium is to provide guidance, mentorship and encouragement to young investigators in the early phases of their training.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention - Focus Grants and Innovation Grants
- APA Fellowship and Reseach Programs
- 2015 V. Sagar Sethi, M.D. Mental Health Research Award - The award seeks to "honor a scientist for significant contributions to basic research in the neurosciences, psychology, or pharmacology at a molecular, cellular or behavioral level." - (Website)
- 2014 Rising Star Research Awards - The International Mental Health Research Organization (IMHRO) in collaboration with Johnson & Johnson Innovation (JJI) is offering up to 2 major awards for research related to psychiatric illness.
- Museum Dr. Guislain and Janssen R&D Seek Global Nominations for 2014 Dr. Guislain "Breaking the Chains of Stigma" Award
- New Incentive Challenge Offers Prize for Ideas to Increase Awareness and Utilization of Mental Health Services.
- NIH-funded training program in Psychiatric Genetics is actively looking for minority applicants. Go to http://psychiatric-genetics-training.bsd.uchicago.edu/
- NIMH Policy for Submission of Applications Containing Clinical Trials