Article III, Paragraph 3 of the ACNP Constitution states, “Fellows shall be chosen from Members who have not less than five years standing as Members and who have made substantial contributions to the College and to the field of neuropsychopharmacology.” (To be eligible for promotion you must have become a Member in 2011 or earlier.)
The current guidelines for promotion to Fellow weigh participation in the College and career advancement.
The criteria for participation in the College include:
1. Has attended at least 75% of the Annual Meetings since becoming a member (mandatory minimum for automatic promotion)
2. Has presented at 2 meetings within their term as a member. (Poster Presentations Included)
3. Is a reviewer in good standing with Neuropsychopharmacology.
4. Has served on a committee or has volunteered to serve.
5. Has served as a mentor or has volunteered to serve.
Members are urged to apply for Fellow status since this is the pool from which Council and Officers are selected. Any Member meeting the mandatory minimum attendance requirement plus 3 of the 4 additional contribution criteria will be automatically promoted to Fellow.