Amos D. Korczyn
Sackler Faculty of Medicine
Tel Aviv University
Ramat Aviv 69978, Israel.
1. Abrams R, Douvon R, Serby M, Klutchoko B, Rotrosen J. ECT and Parkinson's disease. Am J Psychiatry 1989;146:451-455.
2. Alexander GE, DeLong, MR, Strick, PL. Parallel organization of functionally segregated circuits linking basal ganglia and cortex. Ann Rev Neurosci 1986;9:357-381.
3. Ben Shachar D, Riederer P, Youdim MBH. Iron melanin interaction and lipid peroxidation: implication for Parkinson's disease. J Neurochem 1991;57:1609-1614.
4. Bergman H, Wichmann T, DeLong MR. Reversal of experimental parkinsonism by lesions of the subthalamic nucleus. Science 1990;249:1436-1438.
5. Bhatt MH, Snow BJ, Martin WRW, Pate BD, Calne DB. Positron emission tomography suggests that the rate of progression of idiopathic parkinsonism is slow. Ann Neurol 1991;29:673-677.
6. Cederbaum JM, Gardy SE, McDowell FH. "Early" initiation of levodopa treatment does not promote the development of motor response fluctuations, dyskinesias or dementia in Parkinson's disease. Neurology 1991;41:622-629.
7. Clough CG. Parkinson's disease: management. Lancet 1991; 337:1324-1327.
8. Cummings JL. Depression and Parkinson's disease: review. Am J Psychiatry 1992;149:443-454.
9. Diamond SG, Markham CH, Hoehn MM, McDowell FH, Muenter MD. Multicenter study of Parkinson mortality with early versus later dopa treatment. Ann Neurol 1987;22:8-12.
10. Elizan TS, Moros DA, Yahr MD. Early combination of selegiline and low-dose levodopa as initial symptomatic therapy in Parkinson's disease. Arch Neurol 1991;48:31-34.
11. Faber R, Trimble MR. Electroconclusive therapy in Parkinson's disease and other movement disorders. Mov Disord 1991;6:293-303.
12. Flash T, Inzelberg R, Schechtman E, Korczyn AD. Kinematic analysis of upper limb trajectories in Parkinson's disease. Exper Neurol 1992;118:215-226.
13. Forno LS, Langston JW. Unfavourable outcome of adrenal medullary transplant for Parkinson's disease. Acta Neuropathol 1991; 81:691-694.
14. Frankel JP, Lees AJ, Kempster PA, Stern GM. Subcutaneous apomorphine in the treatment of Parkinson's disease. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiat 1990;53:96.
15. Freed WJ, Wyatt RJ. In: Meltzer HY, ed: Psychopharmacology: the third generation of progress. New York: Raven Press, 1987;471-479.
16. Friedman JH, Lannon MC. Clozapine in the treatment of psychosis in Parkinson's disease. Neurology 1989;39:1219-1221.
17. Goetz CG, De Long MR, Penn RD, Bakay AE. Neurosurgical horizons in Parkinson's disease. Neurology 1993;43:1-7.
18. Golbe JI. Deprenyl as symptomatic therapy in Parkinson's disease. Clin Neuropharmacol 1988;11:387-400.
19. Hornykiewicz O. Neurochemical pathology and the etiology of Parkinson's disease: basic facts and hypothetical possibilities. Mt Sinai J Med 1988;55:11-20.
20. Hughes AJ, Bishop S, Lees A, Stern GM, Webster R, Bovingdon M. Rectal apomorphine in Parkinson's disease. Lancet 1991;337:118.
21. Inzelberg R, Bornstein NM, Reider I, Korczyn AD. Basal ganglia lacunes and parkinsonism. Neuroepidemiol 1994;13:108-112.
22. Jouvent R, Abensour P, Bonnet AM, et al. Antiparkinsonian and antidepressant effects of high doses of bromocriptine. J Affect Disord 1983;5:141-145.
23. Karstaedt PJ, Pincus JH. Protein redistribution diet remains effective in patients with fluctuating parkinsonism. Arch Neurol 1992;49: 149-151.
24. Koller WC. How accurately can Parkinson's disease be diagnosed? Neurology 1992;42(Suppl 1):6-16.
25. Korczyn AD. Pathophysiology of drug-induced dyskinesias. Neuropharmacol 1973;11:601-607.
26. Korczyn AD. Autonomic nervous system dysfunction in Parkinson's disease. In: Calne DB, ed. Parkinsonism and aging. New York: Raven Press, 1989;211-219.
27. Kostic V, Przedborski S, Flaster E, Sternic N. Early development of levodopa-induced dyskinesias and response fluctuations in young onset Parkinson's disease. Neurology 1991;41:202-205.
28. Landau WM. Pyramid sale in the bucket shop: datatop bottoms out. Neurology 1990;40:1337-1339.
29. Lees AJ, Montastruc JL, Turjanski N, Rascol O, Kleedorfer B. Sublingual apomorphine and Parkinson's disease. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1989;52:1440.
30. LeWitt P. Controlled-release carbidopa/levedopa (Sinemet 50/200 CR4): Clinical and pharmacokinetic studies. Neurology 1989;39 (Suppl 2):45.
31. McCance-Katz E, Marek KL, Price LH. Serotonergic dysfunction in depression associated with Parkinson's disease. Neurology 1992;42:1813-1814.
32. Mannisto PT, Kaakola S. Rationale for selective COMT inhibitors as adjuncts in the drug treatment of Parkinson's disease. Pharmacol Toxicol 1993;66:317-323.
33. Marsden CD. The mysterious motor function of the basal ganglia. Neurology 1982;32:514-539.
34. Mayeux R, Stern Y, Sano M, Williams JBW, Cote LJ. The relationship of serotonin to depression in Parkinson's disease. Mov Disord 1988;3:237-244.
35. Nutt JG, William R, Woodward WR, Hammerstad JP, Carter JH, Anderson JL. The "on-off" phenomenon in Parkinson's disease. Relation to levodopa absorption and transport. New Engl J Med 1984;310:483-488.
36. Nutt JG, Woodward WR, Carter JH, Gancher ST. Effect of long term therapy on the pharmacodynamics of levodopa. Arch Neurol 1992;49:1123-1130.
37. Olanow CW, Calne DB. Does selegiline monotherapy in Parkinson's disease act by symptomatic on protective mechanisms? Neurology 1992;42(Suppl 4):13-26.
38. Paulus W, Jellinger K. The neuropathological basis of different clinical subgroups of Parkinson's disease. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 1991;50:743-755.
39. Rabey JM, Nissipeanu P, Inzelberg R, Korczyn AD. Beneficial effect of cabergoline, a new long-lasting D2 agonist in the treatment of Parkinson's disease. Clin Neuropharmacol 1994;17:286-293.
40. Rabey JM, Nisipeanu P, Korczyn AD. Efficacy of memantine, an NMDA receptor antagonist, in the treatment of Parkinson's disease. J Neural Transm 1992;4:277-282.
41. Rabey JM, Streiffler M, Treves T, Korczyn AD. The beneficial effect of chronic lisuride administration compared with levodopa in Parkinson's disease. In: Streifler MB, Korczyn AD, Melamed E, Youdim MBH, eds, Advances in Neurology, vol. 53: Parkinson's disease: anatomy, pathology and therapy. New York: Raven Press, 1990;451-455.
42. Rinne UK. Early dopamine agonist therapy in Parkinson's disease. Mov Disord 1989;4:86-94.
43. Rinne JO, Ryotta M, Paljarvi L, Rummukainen J, Rinne U. Selgiline (deprenyl) treatment and death of nigral neurons in Parkinson's disease. Neurology 1991;41:859-861.
44. Sage JI. Long term duodenal infusion of levodopa for motor fluctuations in parkinsonism. Ann Neurol 1988;24:87-89.
45. Sage JI, McHale DM, Sonsalla P, Vitagliano D, Heikkila RE. Continuous levodopa infusions to treat complex dystonia in Parkinson's disease. Neurology 1989;39:888-891.
46. Scherman D, Desnos C, Darchem F, Pollack P, Javoy-Agid F, Agid Y. Striatal dopamine deficiency in Parkinson's disease: role of aging. Ann Neurol 1989;26:551-557.
47. Sonsalla PK, Nicklas J, Heikkila RE. Role for excitatory amino acids in methamphetamine induced nigrostriatal dopaminergic toxicity. Science 1989;247:398-400.
48. Stevenson GB, Heafield MTE, Waring RH, Williams AC. Xenobiotic metabolism in Parkinson's disease. Neurology 1989;39:883-887.
49. Stroessl AJ. The prevention and management of late stage complications in Parkinson's disease. Can J Neurol Sci 1992;19:113-116.
50. Tanner CM, Langston JW. Do environmental toxins cause Parkinson's disease? A critical review. Neurology 1990;40(Suppl 3):17-30.
51. The Parkinson Study Group. Effect of deprenyl on the progression of disability in early Parkinson's disease. New Engl J Med 1989;321:1364-1371.
52. The Parkinson Study Group. Effects of tocopherol and deprenyl on the progression of disability in early Parkinson's disease. New Engl J Med 1993;328:176-183.
53. Vaamonde J, Luquin MR, Obeso JA. Subcutaneous lisuride infusions in Parkinson's disease. Response to chronic administration in 34 patients. Brain 1991;114:601-614.
54. Weiner WJ, Factor SA, Sanchez-Ramos, JR. Early combination therapy (bromocriptine and levodopa) does not prevent motor fluctuations in Parkinson's disease. Neurology 1993;43:21-27.
55. Widner H, Rechcronal S. Transplantation and surgical treatment of Parkinsonian syndromes. Curr Opin Neurol Neurosurg 1993;6: 344-349.
56. Yahr MD, Duvoisin RS, Schear MK, Barre HRE, Hoehn MM. Treatment of parkinsonism and levodopa. Arch Neurol 1969; 21:343-354.