The submission site for 2013 Annual Meeting Panel, Mini-Panel and Study Group submissions is now open. Please carefully review the below Call for Proposals and supporting documents prior to begining a submission.
Call for Proposals
Click here to submit a proposal.
Study Group Guidelines
Abstract Submission Instructions
Frequently Asked Questions
DEADLINE for Proposals from ACNP Members: March 28, 2013 at 11:59 PM CT.
DEADLINE for Individual Abstracts: April 10, 2013 at 11:59 PM CT.
DEADLINE for Panel and Study Group Chairs to Review and Finalize Session: April 17, 2013 at 11:59 PM CT.
In 2012 a new rule was instituted by Council on the number of presentations allowed per person. An individual may have only one (1) presentation role in all panel and mini-panel sessions. Individuals may have one (1) additional non-presenter role such as chair, co-chair or discussant. To ensure compliance with this policy, individuals will only be allowed to be included on one proposal as a presenter and on one additional proposal in a non-presenter role.
Each chair should confirm the willingness of all speakers to participate in their session prior to submission. This new limited role rule is applicable to panels and mini-panels only. This new rule will ensure there are more opportunities to hear from a variety of talented scientists in the field.
8 Common Reasons for Why an Abstract is not Accepted:
1. The Panel/Mini-Panel is not sufficiently cohesive.
2. The Panel/Mini-Panel is not sufficiently innovative.
3. The Panel/Mini-Panel does not include sufficient novel/new data.
4. The theme of the Panel/Mini-Panel is over-represented in current submissions for this year.
5. Similar Panels/Mini-Panels have been presented in recent ACNP meetings.
6. The abstract is not informative enough.
7. Speakers are not from diverse institutions.
8. Insufficient data and/or statistical analyses.
The ACNP Annual Meeting is a closed meeting open to only ACNP members and their invited guests. All nonmembers must be invited by an ACNP member. In addition, invited guests wishing to present a poster abstract at the Meeting must secure sponsorship from an ACNP member prior to submitting the abstract. Access to the abstract submission site is included in the guest's invitation letter.