ACNP Core Purpose
To advance scientific understanding of and to facilitate communication about disorders of the brain and behavior in order to advance their prevention and treatment.
The ACNP strives for these Core Values:
- Commitment to Excellence. ACNP members are committed to excellence in the conduct of science, in the presentation of science at ACNP meetings and in the ACNP journal, in the selection of the best scientists as ACNP members, and in the mentorship of young scientists in the field.
- Commitment to Integrity. The ACNP and its members operate at the highest level of integrity.
- Commitment to Openness. ACNP members value the free exchange of scientific information, and open communication between membership and leadership related to governance of the College.
- Commitment to Clinical/Basic Exchange. ACNP members believe the clinical / basic exchange of scientific information is a uniquely valuable contribution of the College.
- Commitment to Education. ACNP members are committed to providing the best information available to scientific colleagues, to mental health professionals, and to patients and/or patient representative groups.
- Commitment to Collegiality. Membership in the ACNP indicates a desire to participate in and to contribute to the College and its activities, as well as a desire to collaborate with other members in the advancement of science.